The Scranton Area Community Foundation seeks a Finance and Administration Associate to perform a broad range of financial, program support, and administrative duties.
The Finance and Administration Associate position is a new position within the Foundation. Working closely with the finance and accounting manager and reporting directly to the COO, the Finance and Administration Associate will be responsible for important data entry and administrative processing functions at the Foundation. The ideal candidate will have excellent attention to detail, high level of integrity, time-management and organizational skills, and be able to use Microsoft and Google products, including Word/Docs, PowerPoint/Slides, Gmail, etc. This candidate must have drive and a willingness to learn and adapt quickly.
This is a part time position with 30 hours per week with a schedule from 9 a.m. – 3 p.m. Monday through Friday. The schedule can be adjusted one hour each way, if necessary for an ideal candidate. Occasional evening events, between 4-5 per year, may be required. The position will be based entirely in the office in Scranton.
KEY DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Generating, reviewing, and sending correspondence including grant letters, donation letters, statements, and other items as requested
- Processing virtual deposits and entering donation information
- Entering invoices, depositing customer payments, and following up on accounts payable
- Entering vouchers and mailing check payments
- Pulling reports from CRM/Financial system
- Entering grants and other payments
- Produce reports, accept instructions and handle vendor payments, among other tasks
- Organize and multitask to complete a wide variety of tasks
- Maintains a variety of specialized files and ensures confidentiality of specified records and proper handling of confidential and sensitive information.
- Interact positively with all staff, donors, nonprofit partners and vendors
- Ensure tasks are completed thoroughly and correctly
- Monitor and order inventory for office and breakroom supplies
- File and organize records, invoices, and other important documentation
- Order repairs for office equipment and maintenance, connecting with and escorting vendors
- Enter all donations received and make sure thank you and acknowledgement letters are sent out in a timely manner
- Receive approved grants, enter them into the system, review checks and grant letters for accuracy, and mail them out in a timely manner
- Receive incoming calls from donors, vendors, and other stakeholders and reroute them as needed
- Prioritize different needs and handle matters quickly and proactively
- Process and distribute daily mail
- Perform well under pressure and remain calm in difficult situations
- Multitask and deal with multiple parties and tasks concurrently
- Problem-solve and think quickly when unexpected issues occur
- Attend community functions as needed
- Performs other duties as assigned
- Extremely detail oriented
- Very high proficiency in Microsoft Excel/Google Sheets with comfort in using formulas, pivot tables, conditional formatting, filtering, and other features
- Proficient in other Microsoft and Google products, including Word/Docs, PowerPoint/Slides, Gmail, etc.
- Strong desire to learn, especially a new CRM and accounting software
- Reliable time management skills and ability to adhere to deadlines
- Strong ability to work independently as well as with a team
- High level of integrity and ability to handle confidential information
- Ability to switch tasks as needed
- Exemplary listening and communication skills
- Self-motivated, proactive, and creative problem solver
Preferred, but not required:
- Administrative and/or accounting experience
- Nonprofit experience
- Associates degree or higher
COMPENSATION & BENEFITS
$18 per hour, 30 hours per week. Competitive paid time off policy, including vacation, sick, personal, and holiday time.
HOW TO APPLY
Interested applicants should email firstname.lastname@example.org by noon on Monday, January 15, 2024 with the following documents:
- Cover letter
No phone calls, please.
The Scranton Area Community Foundation provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.