What is the careers in care nursing scholarship?
Established in 2021 by the Northeastern Pennsylvania Health Care Foundation, this $200,000 competitive nursing scholarship program aims to support the growth and development of the nursing workforce in NEPA.
Who can apply?
Students and healthcare workers in Lackawanna, Luzerne, and Wyoming Counties who plan to pursue, or who are pursuing, nursing and who will practice in Northeastern Pennsylvania.
What are the qualifications?
To qualify for this scholarship, individuals must:
Show that they have had a permanent address in Lackawanna, Luzerne, or Wyoming County for the last three years.
Meet one of the following criteria
- Students entering a CNA, ASN, or LPN program
Individuals currently employed in the healthcare field and looking to advance to a LPN, RN/BSN, or Masters Level program
Students entering their third or fourth year of a four-year nursing degree and looking for financial assistance
- ‘Nontraditional’ students or those looking to go back to school to obtain any nursing certification or degree
- Scholarship recipients are asked to demonstrate a commitment to stay in the Northeastern Pennsylvania region. All applications and application materials must be received through our online scholarship portal.
How to Apply
- Visit http://www.safdn.org/nursing to access the Scranton Area Community Foundation’s online scholarship portal.
- Create an account
- On the “Apply” page, locate “Eligibility – Northeastern Pennsylvania Health Care Foundation Careers in Care Scholarship” and click “Start Eligibility Quiz”
When are decisions announced?
Scholarship decisions will be announced in June.
Please contact the Scranton Area Community Foundation at email@example.com
The Northeastern Pennsylvania Careers in Care Nursing Scholarship is administered by the Scranton Area Community Foundation.