Join our team!
The Scranton Area Community Foundation is seeking a highly motivated and creative Social Media and Marketing Intern to join our team. The ideal candidate will assist in developing and implementing marketing strategies, social media, and other digital media to promote the Foundation’s mission, initiatives, brand, and programs.
This internship provides a unique opportunity for hands-on experience in marketing and social media management while contributing to meaningful community development efforts. This internship will work closely with the Donor Relations and Communications Manager at the Scranton Area Community Foundation and senior staff members.
LENGTH OF POSITION
Through July 1, 2024, or mutually agreed upon date.
10 -15 hours per week with flexible scheduling. Foundation operating hours are between 8 a.m. and 5 p.m., Monday through Friday. The majority of the schedule will be within those timeframes.
$14 per hour paid on a biweekly basis. The Foundation is willing to work with the intern’s college or university to secure educational credits if available and eligible.
KEY DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Content Creation
- Assist in designing and creating engaging and informative content for various marketing channels, including social media, website, newsletters, and press releases
- Social Media Engagement
- Design and curate content for our social media platforms
- Monitor social media channels, engage with the community, and respond to inquiries
- Understand current trends in social media and how to leverage these topics to create current and engaging content for our social media pages
- Have a great understanding of post scheduling and the ability to create a posting protocol to ensure ongoing and consistent content across
- Campaign Support
- Support the planning and execution of marketing campaigns and events
- Collaborate with team members to develop creative materials for campaigns
- Market Research
- Conduct research on market trends, community needs, and leading practices
- Provide insights to enhance marketing strategies and outreach efforts
- Graphic Design
- Create visually appealing graphics and promotional materials
- Work with design tools to maintain brand consistency
- Analytics and Reporting
- Monitor and analyze the performance of marketing campaigns
- Prepare reports on key metrics and suggest improvements
- Current enrollment in a Bachelor’s degree program in Marketing, Communications, Graphic Design, or a related field. Social Media/Digital Marketing focus suggested
- Strong graphic design skills (experience with tools like Canva, Adobe Creative Suite, etc., is a must)
- Intimate knowledge of major social media platforms (Facebook, Instagram, LinkedIn, etc.) and strong knowledge of digital marketing trends
- Familiarity with social media management tools (Knowledge of Hootsuite and an understanding of social media trends is strongly desired)
- Enthusiastic about community development and making a difference
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Creativity and ability to think outside the box
- Highly proficient with Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint), Google Suite, and online website platforms (WordPress)
- Ability to work varying hours, as needed
- Team player who is able to work independently and as part of a group
- Flexibility to keep up with a fast-paced and changing work environment Reliable transportation
Interested applicants should email email@example.com. Please include “Social Media and Marketing Intern” in the subject line with the following documents:
- Cover letter
- Reference(s) from educators, previous managers, or similar authority positions
- Sample of personally designed marketing materials, such as brochures, social media graphics, flyers, event programs, or other materials that demonstrate candidate’s design capabilitities.
No phone calls, please. Deadline to apply: Friday, February 16, 2024
The Scranton Area Community Foundation provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.