Robert H. Spitz Foundation Announces Its 2022 Grant CycleThe Robert H. Spitz Foundation, administered by the Scranton Area Community Foundation, is excited to announce its 2022 grant cycle. Beginning on March 2nd, 2022, local 501(c)(3) nonprofit organizations are invited to apply for grant funding. The grant application process begins with submitting a Letter of Intent (LOI) through our online grant portal. LOIs for the Robert H. Spitz Foundation cycle will be due by 5/1/2022 at 11:45 PM. If invited to apply, applications will be due by 6/1/2022 at 11:45 PM The Robert H. Spitz Foundation primarily awards grants to registered 501(c)(3) nonprofit organizations that support initiatives and programs serving the residents of Lackawanna County and Northeastern Pennsylvania.
Priority Areas for Funding Include:
- Programs that aim to break the cycle of poverty, remove economic barriers, and encourage independence in adults and children through access to safe, affordable housing, transportation, education, and other important issues;
- Veterans’ affairs and veteran-oriented programs;
- Animal welfare, including but not limited to programs that support humane education, adoption for homeless animals, spay/neuter, rescue, veterinary care and which help the economically disadvantaged and elderly to keep their companion animals;
- Jewish Culture and Cemeteries;
- COVID-19 related issues such as operational support for funding lost due to COVID-19, staffing issues, combating inflation or other emergencies arising from the pandemic;
- Environmental programs that seek to preserve and/or protect the environment, seek to raise awareness and/or educate about climate/ environmental issues, or mitigate the impact of harmful practices to the environment and promote recreation/public health.
How to ApplyAs part of our ongoing commitment to building the capacity of our nonprofit professionals and to better serve our grant seekers, our grant application is now streamlined through our online grant management portal. All grant requests are handled through the online portal. No paper or emailed applications will be accepted. The grant application process generally begins with submitting a Letter of Intent (LOI) through the online portal. To submit an LOI, you will need to log on to your organization’s account in our online grant management portal. If your organization does not have an account established, you will need to create an account. If you are unsure of your organization’s account credentials, please contact your organization’s leadership to inquire or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org for further instruction.
Administered by the Scranton Area Community Foundation, the Robert H. Spitz Foundation is a registered 501(c)(3) nonprofit organization that supports initiatives and programs serving the residents of Lackawanna County and Northeastern Pennsylvania. To date, the Spitz Foundation has provided over $3.7 million in grant funding to the community. For more information, visit www.safdn.org.