The Robert H. Spitz Foundation, administered by the Scranton Area Community Foundation, invites local 501(c)(3) nonprofit organizations are invited to apply for grant funding. LOIs for the Robert H. Spitz Foundation grant cycle will be due by 5/1/2022 at 11:45 PM If invited to apply, application will be due by 6/1/2022 at 11:45 PM The grant application process begins with submitting a Letter of Intent (LOI) through our online grant portal.
Priority Areas for Funding Include:
- Programs that aim to break the cycle of poverty, remove economic barriers, and encourage independence in adults and children through access to safe, affordable housing, transportation, education, and other important issues;
- Veterans’ affairs and veteran-oriented programs;
- Animal welfare, including but not limited to program that support humane education, adoption for homeless animals, spay/neuter, rescue, veterinary care and which help the economically disadvantaged and the elderly to keep their companion animals;
- Jewish Culture and Cemeteries;
- COVID-19 Related issues such as operational support for funding lost due to COVID-19, staffing issues, combating inflation or other emergencies arising from the pandemic;
- Environmental programs that seek to preserve and/or protect environment, seek to raise awareness and/or educate about climate/environmental issues, or mitigate the impact of harmful practices to the environment and promote recreation/public health.
Priority Areas for Funding Include:As part of our ongoing commitment to building the capacity of our nonprofit professionals and to better serve our grant seekers, our grant application process is now streamlined through our online grant management portal. All grant requests are handled through the online portal. No paper or emailed applications will be accepted. The grant application process generally begins with submitting a Letter of Intent (LOI) through the online portal. To submit an LOI, you will need to log on to your organization’s account in our online grant management portal. If your organization does not have an account established, you will need to create an account. If you are unsure of your organization’s account credentials, please contact your organization’s leadership to inquire or email us at email@example.com for further instruction.
For more information about grant opportunities at the Scranton Area Community Foundation, please visit our grants page.