Thanks to all who joined us on Thursday, November 17, for our 2022 Annual Community Celebration!
Together we celebrated and connected with you and many of our friends, donors, and community partners to share the accomplishments and impact made possible this year by your generosity.
During this annual celebration, we gathered at the Hilton Scranton and Conference Center to recap our year in review and honor our featured community partners including Nancy Barrasse, Esq., the Northeastern Pennsylvania Health Care Foundation, and Posture Interactive, and featured funds that have made a significant impact in 2022 including the Sheldon Family Foundation, the Joseph “Joey” Banik Memorial Fund, and the Neal J. Fasula Scholarship Fund.
Left: Nancy Barrasse, Esq., accepts the 2022 Featured Community Partner Award Right: Tony Bartocci, President of Posture Interactive accepts the 2022 Featured Community Partner Award
Among the Foundation’s successes so far in 2022 recounted at the event were:
- The Foundation is on track to distribute approximately $6 million in grants and scholarships by year’s end, including $1 million in community needs, critical needs, and innovative impact grants
- 22 new charitable funds (and counting) established to date this year
- NEPA Gives, the largest single day of philanthropy in Northeastern PA, raised more than $1 million dollars in 24 hours for 216 charitable organizations
- The Center for Community Leadership and Nonprofit Excellence hosted 14 trainings and workshops free of charge for nonprofit organizations to help build their capacity to carry out their critical missions
- The NEPA Animal Welfare Collaborative hosted the first ever NEPA Pet Expo and Animal Welfare Summit, and launched the new NEPA Rescue Vet Clinic
- In a regional effort to advance conversations around Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion, the Foundation hosted roundtables with multiple partners in the business, healthcare and social services arena in Lackawanna, Wayne, and Luzerne counties
Scranton Area Community Foundation board member Ken Okrepkie (left) presents Michele McGowan (center) and the Honorable Terrence Nealon (right) of the Northeastern Pennsylvania Health Care Foundation with the 2022 Community Partner Award
Also honored during the celebration were Maryla Scranton (left, below) and James Clemente, CPA, MT, (right, below) both of whom are completing three terms as Scranton Area Community Foundation Board Governors. We are grateful for their generosity, leadership, and the lasting legacy they leave at the Foundation.
The board and staff of the Scranton Area Community Foundation wish to thank you for your support in 2022!
Thanks to all who celebrated with us during our Annual Community Celebration!
Left to right: Frank Caputo, Dana Hunter, Michael Villa, Cathy Fitzpatrick, Nora Kern, Laura Ducceschi, Vivian Williams, Brittany Pagnotti, Maggie Martinelli. Not pictured: Joel Grabin, Jana Nelhybel