The Scranton Area Community Foundation is now accepting grant applications for Fall 2022 Innovative Impact Grants, and invites charitable organizations working to address the needs of people living in the Lackawanna County region to complete a Letter of Intent by Friday, September 30th.
Innovative Impact Grants (Up to $25,000) seek to provide resources for a nonprofit, or collaboration of nonprofits and other partners, to make a measurable improvement in the region.
These competitive grants are made to those applying organizations that are committed to new, innovative, transformational, and/or collaborative efforts to:
- carry out an important goal or address a specific challenge;
- become more impactful, effective, and sustainable in their work;
- achieve a greater impact in the community they serve;
- meet their organizational missions.
- Impact: Applicants must demonstrate how this program/project will make the community better, what data will be collected in order to measure success, and what goals have been set for the program/project to achieve
- Budget: Applicants must supply a detailed program/project budget, which includes the uses and sources of funds. The organization’s budget must also be included.
- Sustainability: Applicants must demonstrate how the program/project will continue after grant funds are expended and what the plan is to build sustainability for the future.
- Timeline and Evaluation: Applicants must describe when the desired impact might be realized and which populations will benefit from the program/project. Additionally, applicants need to detail how the program/project will be evaluated both during the course of the program/project, and also following the program/project’s completion.
- Applicants are also strongly encouraged to establish collaborative partnerships.
Ready to apply? As part of our ongoing commitment to building the capacity of our nonprofit professionals and to better serve our grant seekers, our grant application process is now streamlined through our online grant management portal. All grant requests are handled through the online portal.
The grant application process generally begins with submitting a Letter of Intent (LOI) through the online portal. To submit an LOI, you will need to log on to your organization’s account in our online grant management portal. If your organization does not have an account established, you will need to create an account. If you are unsure of your organization’s account credentials, please contact your organization’s leadership to inquire or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org for further instruction.