EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY: Grants and Scholarships Assistant
Scranton Area Community Foundation seeks a part-time Grants and Scholarships Assistant to assist the Grants and Scholarships Manager with overseeing the Foundation’s grantmaking processes. Under the direction of the Grants and Scholarships Manager, this position will handle projects and duties to ensure alignment with the Foundation’s grantmaking program and overall mission and goals. A part of the focus of this position is to assist with transforming data management from a manual process to an automated process to ensure accurate and efficient reporting of grant-related data.
The Scranton Area Community Foundation, established in 1954, is a 501(c)(3), public foundation that provides grants to support nonprofit organizations, issues donor-established scholarships, acts as a philanthropic partner to charitably minded donors, and serves as a community catalyst and convener to drive community progress. The Foundation currently manages in excess of 200 funds, has $41 million in assets, and manages two additional private foundations with assets totaling $30 million.
- Primary responsibility to assist the Grants and Scholarships Manager with the administration of the grants and scholarship life cycle
- Assist in the administration of the grants process for other foundations under management
- Executes the generation of reports and data
- Maintains and implements all grants management policies and procedures
- Responds to grant data requests and inquiries from internal and external audiences, including preparation of data analysis and generation of reports
- Produces internal data summaries, reports, and custom analysis as needed or requested
- Provides links between administrative, finance, communications and other staff so that all activities related to grants and reporting are smoothly implemented
- Produces periodic reports required by the IRS and/or other regulatory agencies
- Assists and participates in various internal Foundation committees and activities
- Develops professional and respectful working relationships with colleagues
- Ensures compliance with IRS regulations and Foundation requirements for grants and scholarships
- Assists in the preparation of materials for Board meetings
- Negotiates and facilitates sensitive issues in the grant-making process
- Serves as back-up to the Grants and Scholarships Manager
Knowledge and Skills:
- Associates degree or higher required
- Strong technological and computer acumen is a must
- Ability to manage and meet internal and external deadlines
- High level of flexibility and responsiveness with the ability to shift priorities quickly and as organizational demands require
- Result-oriented team player with ability to work collaboratively and build effective working relationships with colleagues
- High level of discretion in maintaining confidentiality of sensitive materials and issues.
- Ability to function and interact in a professional level capacity to sustain the mission, culture and best interests of the Foundation.
- Ability to understand and consider organizational culture and change.
- Broad and strategic mindset, creative aptitude and effective use of independent judgment.
- Strong attention to detail
- Professional appearance
- Excellent communication, interpersonal, diplomacy, and customer service skills including solid presentation and facilitation skills, with the ability to interact with and mobilize a wide and diverse population
- Excellent writing ability that is clear, concise and analytic in style
- Ability to work independently and collaboratively in a team environment.
Position: Part-Time – 20 Hours per Week
Salary: $12 per hour
Benefits include: Flexible work schedule, paid holidays, and vacation, personal and sick time.
Please submit a resume and cover letter to email@example.com. Please include “Grants and Scholarships Assistant” in the subject line. No calls, please. Applications will be accepted through Monday, December 16, 2019.
The Scranton Area Community Foundation provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training