EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY: EXECUTIVE ASSISTANT TO THE PRESIDENT AND CEO
The Scranton Area Community Foundation is now hiring a full-time Executive Assistant to the President and CEO.
Reporting directly to the President & CEO, the Executive Assistant provides executive support in a one-on-one working relationship. The Executive Assistant’s key responsibility is helping the President & CEO to carry out her responsibilities and requirements in an efficient and effective manner. The Executive Assistant serves as the main point of contact for internal and external constituents on all items relating to the President & CEO. The Executive Assistant also serves as a link to the Board of Governors and staff and as an executive stand-in for the President & CEO at various meetings and community activities as appropriate; coordinates external relations initiatives; and can manage projects to completion.
The Scranton Area Community Foundation is a well-respected community foundation and the only community foundation serving Lackawanna County, with a 65-year history of managing charitable funds and foundations and providing grants to support community causes. The Foundation is in a period of growth and expanded community engagement, with over $40 million in assets under management, and an additional $30 million in assets in contracted administrative relationships with other Foundations.
The ideal applicant will have high integrity, be proactive, and have excellent initiative and follow-through, with the ability to display appropriate judgment in various situations. The individual must have excellent interpersonal, written and verbal communication, administrative, and organizational skills. He/she should have the ability to balance among multiple priorities, and the ability to work independently and at times under pressure. The ideal applicant can handle a wide variety of activities and confidential issues with discretion.
Key Aspects of Position
- Communicates directly, and on behalf of the President & CEO, with Board members, donors, staff, and others, on matters related to President & CEO’s initiatives.
- Plans and ensures the President & CEO’s schedule is followed and respected.
- Serves as the point person for President & CEO via e-mail and telephone communication.
- Attends meetings alongside the President & CEO or in her place, taking notes to record necessary takeaways.
- Successfully completes critical aspects of deliverables that facilitate the President & CEO’s ability to effectively lead the organization.
- Has excellent follow-through. Prioritizes different needs and handles matters quickly and proactively.
- Works closely and effectively with the CEO to keep her well informed of upcoming commitments and responsibilities, following up appropriately.
- Executes a wide variety of administrative tasks for the President & CEO including coordinating an active calendar of appointments; writing preparing correspondence and drafting reports; arranging agendas; and compiling items and presentations for meetings.
- Anticipates, having a sense for the issues taking place in the environment and keeping the President & CEO updated on what she needs to know.
- Provides leadership to build important relationships, and manages a variety of projects for the President & CEO, some of which may have impact on the organization.
- Researches and monitors issues addressed to the President & CEO. Decides correct action.
- Prepare documents for President & CEO’s meetings and reminds her of events on the calendar, proactively making sure she’s prepared.
- Communicates between the CEO’s office and other parties; demonstrating credibility and trust.
- Serves as the President & CEO’s administrative liaison to the Foundation’s Board of Governors and supporting Foundation boards.
- Complies with applicable rules set in bylaws regarding board and board committee matters, including distribution of board packets before meetings in appropriate format.
Community and Donor Relations
- Produces, edits, and completes drafts for various written communications to external stakeholders as appropriate.
- Speaks on behalf of President & CEO when appropriate.
- Follows up on contacts made by the President & CEO and supports the maintenance and cultivation of ongoing relationships
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Education and Experience Requirements
- Bachelor’s degree required; Advanced degree a plus.
- Strong work tenure: five+ years of relevant experience.
- Experience and interest in internal and external communications, partnership development, and donor services.
- Highly Tech-savvy. Proficient in Microsoft Office (Outlook, Word, Excel, and PowerPoint), Adobe Acrobat, Google Suite, and Social Media web platforms.
- Awareness and understanding of philanthropy, foundations, and/or community leadership a plus.
Special Skills and Attributes:
- Strong interpersonal and relationship-building skills appropriate for stakeholders such as staff, board members, external partners, and donors.
- Ability to successfully manage projects to completion.
- Loyal and trustworthy.
- Proven ability to handle information with discretion, adapt to competing demands, and demonstrate the highest level of donor service and responsiveness.
- Capable of high-quality performance and at meeting deadlines in a quick-moving work environment.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Demonstrated decision-making and problem-solving capability with the ability to envision and propose solutions.
- Resourceful team-player, with the ability to also be effective independently.
- Available to work as needed on select evenings and weekends.
- Available to travel as needed.
- Strong organizational skills that reflect ability to streamline, perform, and prioritize multiple tasks with a critical eye for detail.
- Emotional maturity
- Quick learner
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $40,000 – $45,000.00 /year
- Health insurance
- Dental insurance
- Vision insurance
- Retirement plan
- Paid time off
- Professional development assistance
The position will remain open until filled. Please submit a cover letter and resume to email@example.com. Please include “Executive Assistant to the President and CEO” in the subject line. No calls, please.
The Scranton Area Community Foundation is an equal employment opportunities (EEO) employer to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, or genetics.